What’s involved in professional career counselling
The unique careers service I offer is progressive. That means I’m here to help you every step of the way. I can coach and mentor students from as early as year 7, and assist in transitions through tertiary and beyond. The skills you learn with Karen Your Career Coach will enhance your career for a lifetime.
What stage are you at in your career development?
Starting with yourself…
Stage 1 – Discovery
- What do I value?
- What skills do I have?
- What else do I have to offer?
I’ll give you access to specialised, accredited career inventories to identify where your loves and talents lie. These include Morrisby Online, Careers Fast Track and the Strong Interest Inventory. You’ll unmask all of your motivations, career preferences and attributes, increasing your self-awareness and career confidence.
Stage 2 – Exploration
- What does the new world of work look like?
- What careers are out there for me?
Don’t worry if these questions are overwhelming and confusing. I’ll teach you “self-activated” career searches to help you find jobs in your area and within the specific economic environment.
Moving on to practical steps in career development…
Stage 3 – Focus
- Part time/Casual work
- Work Experience
- Resumé writing
- Job Search Skills
- Interview Readiness
Landing employment can sometimes be frustrating and demoralising. My career coaching service will teach you some great skills so you can marketing yourself.
Stage 4 – Planning
- Career networking, including creating a Linkedin Profile
- Careers Events
- Institutional Open Days
- Tertiary Pathways/ Course Prerequisites
- Scholarships, Folios, Special Consideration and Personal Statements
- Gap Year Options
Find out how to access networks, events and career information.
Developing career resilience…
Stage 5 – Decisions
- What are the best career options for me?
- Considering my other responsibilities/commitments/obligations
- Can I change career in my middle years/after children?
Along the way, you’ll need to make key career decisions. I’m here to coach you at these crucial moments, helping you maintain work-life balance, future focus and career resilience.
Stage 6 – Application
- Lifelong learning, career confidence, career entrepreneurship
- Maintaining Career Networks
- Linkedin Profile
Everyone is at a different stage of career development, meaning you don’t have to start at the start. Call me to discuss your unique needs and find your place in your career.
Your future matters. Contact me on 0419390854 to book an appointment now.